Nana Addo’s legal team announces five spokespersons for the 2020 Election Petition
The legal team representing President Nana Addo-Dankwa Akufo-Addo in the disputed 2020 Election Petition filled at the Supreme Court by the National Democratic Congress has announced five (5) Persons to serve as spokespersons for the election Petition.
The five-member team of spokespersons announced by President Nana Addo-Dankwa Akufo-Addo’s legal team are;
- The Former Minister of Information who is also the Member of Parliament for the Ofoase Ayirebi Constituency, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah
- The former member of Parliament for the Adentan Constituency who is also the National Communications Director of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) Lawyer Yaw Buaben Asamoa
- Henry Nana Boakye the National Youth Organizer of the New Patriotic Party, Henry Nana Boakye
- Fati Abubakar, the Deputy Communications Director at the Presidency
- Nana Adjoa Adobea Asante, a member of the New Patriotic Party’s Legal Committee.
The legal team of the New Patriotic Party will be led by a renowned law firm, Frank Davies.
The chairperson of the Electoral Commission of Ghana Mrs Jean Mensa on the 9th of December 2020 declared the New Patriotic Party’s Presidential candidate as the winner of the 2020 Presidential election.
Following the declaration of the 2020 Presidential election, the Presidential candidate for the National Democratic Congress, John Dramani Mahama held a press conference during which he rejected the results declared by the commission.
According to him, the Election results declared by the country’s election management body is inaccurate and flawed.
John Dramani Mahama indicated during his Press Conference that, the pink sheets from all the polling Stations in the country which are the basic source of information for the Election results available to him indicates that non of the Presidential candidates obtained 50% +1 of the total valid votes cast.
The NDC’s Presidential candidate has since filled a petition at the supreme Court challenging the 2020 Presidential election results as declared by the Electoral Commission.
SOURCE : Talkingdrum.com.gh
Click HERE to Join our WhatsApp Group