Electoral Commission disqualifies five (5) Presidential candidate aspirants
Electoral Commission disqualifies five (5) Presidential candidate aspirants.
The Electoral Commission of Ghana under the leadership of the Chairperson Jean Mensa opened for filing of nominations Monday, September 15.
At the end of the filing of nominations on October 9th, 2020, seventeen (17) Political Parties and independent Candidates filled their nominations to become Presidential Candidates in the 2020 Presidential election.
However, after thoroughly going through the nomination forms filled by the various Political Parties, the Electoral Commission of Ghana has disqualified five (5) Presidential Candidate hopefuls and passed twelve (12) Persons to become Presidential Candidates in the upcoming Presidential Election.
The Persons disqualified by the Electoral Commission of Ghana from becoming Presidential Candidates are;
– Kofi Koranteng
– Marricke Kofi Gane
– Akwasi Odike
– Kwesi Busumburu
– Agyenim Boateng
Persons given the greenlight by the Electoral Commission of Ghana to contest in the 2020 Presidential election are;
– Alfred Kwame Asiedu Walker – Independent candidate
– Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo of the New Patriotic Party
– Christian Kwabena Andrews of the Ghana Union Movement
– Brigitte Akosua Dzogbenuku of the Progressive People’s Party
– Akua Donkor – Ghana Freedom Party
– Nana Konadu Agyemang Rawlings – National Development Party
– Hassan Ayariga – All Peoples Congress
– Ivor Kobina Greenstreet of the Convention Peoples Party
– Henry Herbert Lartey of the GCPP
– Percival Kofi Akpaloo – LPG
– David Asibi Ayindenaba Apasera of the Peoples National Convention